Information for patients attending mend hand therapy
specialised hand therapy services in wollongong
Do I need a referral
- A referral is not required as a private patient.
- For patients claiming under a medicare care plan you will need to bring this care plan referral to your appointment.
- A referral is required if you are being treated under WC, CTP or VA
What to bring to my appointment
- Any information you have regarding your injury – scans, operation reports and hospital discharge papers are all helpful. Don’t worry if you do not have these. We are able to access most local imaging in the clinic.
- Health Fund Card for HICAPS claiming
- For WC/CTP – Please bring any information regarding your claim (claim number, insurer, case manager and rehab provider )
What to expect
- Initial assessment will include a history and physical assessment.
- Review of imaging
- We will provide initial treatment as required which may include custom splinting, wound care or exercise based treatment.
- Referral for imaging if required.
- Report will be sent to referring Doctor following initial review updating them on your visit.
Where can I park
Parking is available onsite for patients.
Who we see
- No referral is required to attend hand therapy as a private patient.
- Private patients – HICAPS Available for immediate health fund rebate
- EPC ( Medicare care plan) – Gap fee applies
- Workers Compensation
- Veterans Affairs